Living in Mt Juliet
Mt Juliet is one of Tennessee's fastest growing communities and with our award winning schools, proximity to top-notch healthcare, low property taxes and diverse cultural & entertainment offerings, Mt Juliet has much to offer. What sets Mt Juliet apart from other cities? The PEOPLE! Residents of Mt Juliet provide a warm friendly environment, we take pride in our community, we support local businesses, and we work together to make our community stand apart from the rest.
- Mt Juliet has one of the lowest property taxes in the state at $0.165 per $100 assessment (city) $2.5704 (County)
- State sales tax is 5% on food and food ingredients; 7% on all other tangible personal property unless specifically exempted. Local sales tax rate is 2.75%.
- Incorporated about four decades ago, our infrastructure is new and improving daily with 17 transportation projects under development totaling $34 million.
- No state income tax in Tennessee
- Our population is now over 39,000 residents according to the 2020 Census.
- In 2020, Mt Juliet had a per capita income of $42,294.
- In 2020, the average median household income for Mt. Juliet was $93,036.
- Wilson County is one of the state's top five most affluent counties, and has the 2nd highest median income in the State of Tennessee
- Wilson County is the 49th fastest growing county in the U.S.
- The average home sales price in Jan. 2018 was $318,911.
- For the year ending 2019, the median new home price topped $439,900.
- The average days a home was on the market was 30.
- Money Magazine's Top 50 Best Places to Live In The USA
- Average high temperature is 69.6 degrees and the average low is 45.1 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In 2018, the United States Census Bureau projected Wilson County (Mt. Juliet) the fastest growing county in the State of Tennessee.
For more information about Mt Juliet visit our "visitors" page on our website