- Police Department
- About Mt. Juliet Police
- Join Mt. Juliet PD
Join Mt. Juliet PD
The Mt. Juliet Police Department is a progressive law enforcement agency that is always in search of highly qualified, highly motivated employees. The department has many great opportunities for those wishing to work in a great city with a wonderful, supporting community.
Affordable, clean, well-governed, and prosperous, Mt. Juliet has seen exponential population and business growth over the last decade, with over 42,000+ residents who call Mt. Juliet home. We are a quickly growing, ever-expanding police department that is a leader among police agencies in Middle Tennessee. Please continue reading below to learn more about what our department offers.
Active Reserve Officer Opportunities
- Currently, no active Reserve Officer Opportunities
Full-Time Position Recruiting & Training
The department and City Human Resources manage all facets of the hiring process for sworn and non-sworn personnel. Please review all of the information provided below to find information about the hiring process.
- Active Career Opportunities
- Want to get an e-mail/notification when an open position is available? Click to register for Notify Me
- Have Questions or Miss the Hiring Deadline? Click to send an e-mail to Capt. Chandler
Full-Time Salary & Benefits
Police officers top out at $66,175. Officers normally progress through the pay steps at 6 months, 1 year, 2 year, 3 year, 4 year, and top out at the 5 year mark. Police officers also received state-supplemented in-service pay ($800) per year, and all employees receive longevity pay after 5 years of service. The City of Mt. Juliet offers numerous benefits for its employees, which includes comprehensive medical, vision, and dental health insurance plans. The city's human resources department is proactive in reviewing its annual benefits plan and routinely makes changes that best serve the city and its employees. City employees receive some of the best benefits in the state.
Certified police officers with 3+ of experience start at Step 5 in the payscale.
Police Officer Payscale
Base Yearly Salary
|5||$25.39||$55,452||Year 3 or Starting Salary with 3+ Years of Experience|
|6||$27.55||$60,169||Year 4 or Year 1 with 3+ Years of Experience|
|7||$30.30||$66,175||Year 5 or Year 2 with 3+ Years of Experience|
Patrol Shift Structure
- 12-Hour Shift
- Set Shift (Day: 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. or Night: 6:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.)
- Rotating days off (off every other Friday, Saturday, and Sunday)
- Week One: Work Monday & Tuesday, Off Wednesday & Thursday, Work Friday, Saturday, & Sunday
- Week Two: Off Monday & Tuesday, Work Wednesday & Thursday, Off Friday, Saturday, & Sunday
- 100% City-Funded T.C.R.S. Retirement
- Yearly Cost of Living Raise
- Yearly Merit Bonus (FY 21/22 bonus is 2% of Salary)
- Yearly Uniform Maintenance Allowance
- Higher Education Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Strong Community Support
- Family Environment
- Amazing Training
- Court Liaison Program (much less time spent in court)
- Take-Home Car Program w/ Patrol Coverage Enhancement Program (off-duty personal use in city limits)
- All basic equipment & firearms provided
The City of Mt. Juliet is an equal opportunity and "at-will" employer, and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, marital status, military or veteran status, the presence of medical condition, or any other legally protected status.
- Must be 21 Years of age
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must not have been convicted of a felony or serious misdemeanor involving moral turpitude as the term is defined by law, and not having been released or discharged other than honorable conditions from any of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Must have his or her fingerprints on file with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation
- Must pass a medical examination by a license physician
- Must pass a drug screen by a license physician
- Must have a good moral character as determined by a background investigation
- Must be free of all apparent mental disorders as described in the Diagnosis and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders Third Edition (DSM-11) of the American Psychiatric Association, and must be certified as meeting the criteria by a qualified professional in psychiatric and psychological fields.
- Must complete a POST approved police academy with a satisfactory score in all fields (If hired as an uncertified, the department will send the new hire to an academy)
- Must possess a valid Tennessee drivers license
- Application Period
- Panel Interview
- Chief Interview
- Physical / Drug Screen
- Psychological Exam
- Background Check
- Conditional Offer