Mt Juliet Special Census
The City of Mt. Juliet is conducting a special census of all city residents to ensure we receive our fair share of State of Tennessee shared tax dollars. State shared taxes are distributed to cities across the State of Tennessee based on population. Currently the City of Mt. Juliet receives the State Shared Tax dollars based on the population from the last Federal Census conducted in 2020, during the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Mt. Juliet has experienced tremendous growth over the last several years and the next Federal Census will not be conducted until 2030. That means all of the funding the City of Mt. Juliet is eligible for will NOT come back to our community until 2031 without a Special Census. An increase in the recount of our population will allow the City to improve funding of roads, parks (greenways & sidewalks), public safety, and public works projects.
City of Mt. Juliet officials believe our population to be closer to approximately 45,000, which would be an increase of roughly 5,000 new residents. For every new resident counted, the City of Mt. Juliet will receive approximately $170 per person above 39,289, which was the population figure counted in the federal Census of 2020.
All we need is the address and the first and last name of everyone residing in the household, including any person that is living away (college students, military, etc.). The information collected will be kept confidential and will ONLY be used by the City of Mt. Juliet for the Special Census. Your information will not be shared, sold, rented or given to any other entity or business.
For those who complete their Special Census, you will have a chance to win a gift card, drawn weekly on Facebook Live from a local business and sponsored by the Special Census committee. Providing the information online will eliminate contact from a special census representative coming to your door.
Completed forms can also be filled out online, at Mt Juliet City Hall’s sewer billing department located at 2425 N. Mt. Juliet Road or by calling 615-773-6233. Thank you for your cooperation and support. If you would like additional information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 615-773-6233.
- This is a City of Mt. Juliet Special Census, not a Federal Census.
- The State of Tennessee provides revenue to cities based on their population. Due to Mt. Juliet's growth, we believe the City should get more revenue from the State.
- State share revenue received from the state goes to road infrastructure improvements, parks, etc.
- Whether you own a home or rent, every City of Mt. Juliet resident counts and needs to be accounted for.
- All we need is the address and the first and last name of everyone residing in the household.
- The Deadline to submit the Special Census is February 29, 2024.