Mt. Juliet, Tenn. - Beginning today, the City of Mt. Juliet is restricting access to its facilities, including all city government buildings, for precautionary measures in the prevention of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and spread. The City recognizes the impact of a pandemic and how it may affect City operations in a variety of ways. Therefore, operations have been adjusted to ensure the City remains committed to the best level of service during the COVID-19 (coronavirus) precautions.
To ensure continuity of government, as well as its commitment to public safety, the City will remain steadfast – as always – in serving its citizens, carrying out critical operations and prioritizing support functions. However, during this precautionary social distancing period, the City asks all residents to conduct all City business electronically or by phone, if possible, during the next two weeks. In addition, all activities through the Parks and Recreation department were canceled, and any deposits for rentals will be refunded. Police department-specific precautions can be found here: Police Precautions.
City Hall will remain open for personnel, but residents with necessary business should call the City Hall at 615-754-2552 to determine how to handle specific processes best. As always, the dropbox in front of City Hall is available, and items that fit inside the box can be dropped there. The City remains open to the community through email., and specific department phone numbers and emails are provided below.
"Last night, the city leadership team made the decision to limit access to all city facilities to appointment only to limit exposure. All city services are available online, and limited in-person meeting requests will be available upon request. Any in-person meetings will be held with social distancing and public safety protocols in place to make sure our citizens and employees are kept safe," stated City Manager Kenny Martin. "We will monitor going forward for any needed adjustments and will strive to provide the very best customer service. We apologize for any inconvenience, but we must put human health, safety, and welfare first. That is and will always be our number one priority"
Those who have the necessary in-person business to conduct with City staff, such as bid openings, should only conduct the business if they are not feeling ill. Specific entrances at designated City facilities were established for the required in-person business.
The City always recognizes its special duty to assist the public, including during a national emergency, and all vital services will continue. It is essential to know that the City does not handle public health, and all COVID-19 questions should be directed to the Tennessee Department of Health at 877-857-2945 or https://www.tn.gov/health/cedep/ncov.html .
Everyone, including local businesses, is encouraged to develop and implement measures that are appropriate for their staff and workplace by following guidelines issued by the CDC.
These are important reminders on how you can protect your health:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water for 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you feel ill.
- Call your healthcare professional if you feel sick with fever, cough, or difficulty breathing and have been in close contact with a person known to have confirmed coronavirus.
- Stay informed and up to date with information directly from the CDC (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html), the Tennessee Department of Health (https://www.tn.gov/health/cedep/ncov.html), and Wilson County Emergency Management Agency’s (https://www.wilsonema.com/covid19/) websites.
Specific Department Contact Information:
- Emergency: Dial 911
- Police: 615-754-2550 or www.mjpd.org
- Fire: 615-773-9830 or www.fdmj.org
- Parks: 615-758-6522, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Public Works: 615-773-7957, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Building: 615-773-6225, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Planning & Zoning: 615-773-628, , email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Sewer: 615-754-255, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- General City Information, Liquor licenses, Beer Permits, Violations of the Alcoholic Beverages: 615-754-2552 ext. 0, email@example.com
- Property & Business Tax: 615-754-2552 ext. 4, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Accounts Payable/Invoicing: 615-754-2552 ext. 0, email@example.com.
- To contact any other department or employee with City of Mt. Juliet: 615-754-2552, www.mtjuliet-tn.gov